Feldenkrais for Musicians in 2021
You are your primary instrument.
In my sessions and workshops we’ll look at:
- How your whole body supports your technique. You are your primary instrument.
- Reducing aches and pains
- Supporting your playing or singing from whole your skeleton. (The ease of what you do, and quality of your movement is based on how well you support your head, shoulders, arms and fingers from the rest of your skeleton)
- Concentrating on skeletal movement is the key to easy movement.
- Developing your self-awareness and learning to reduce or prevent future discomfort/injury
- How work with your body not against it.
- How to lock into your organic learning abilities.
- learn new options for greater freedom of movement
MusicMoves: Feldenkrais for Musicians Workshop
Sunday the 4th July: Finding Fluidity in your Shoulders:
Please register and pay below if you’d like to join us.
Finding Fluidity in the Shoulders
We’ll be exploring:
- Improving comfort
- Better posture
- Discovering freedom of the shoulders
- How to find Fluid movement
- Connecting your shoulders with the skeleton
- Integrating ideas into the Practice Room.
Fill in the registration form below too!
Please check your time Zone if you’re not in the UK. (https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/)
For dates, details and booking: go to the StringMoves page
Workshops for the Musicians’ Union
I’m delighted that my MU monthly workshops are continuing until August 2021.
Friday Morning 10-11 am Introduction to Feldenkrais M.U. Sessions!
Running until through to April, I’ll be running an hour session each week (unless there’s a workshop).
Free for M.U. members, available as above.
I teach Feldenkrais workshops on varying themes. Do come back regularly to check out what’s coming up. If there’s something in particular you’re interested in, let me know and I will see if its possible to programme.
Join our mailing list to be kept updated and receive my monthly-ish blog on all things Feldenkrais.
I enjoy teaching ” Feldenkrais for Musicians “ workshops. If you would like me to come and do a workshop for your ensemble or choir please contact me.
I have been a guest lecturer at the Royal College of Music, the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, for the Musicians Union, the RNCM, and the British Army Band at Sandhurst.
Workshops have included:
Comfort on Parade: Using Feldenkrais to find greater ease and comfort whilst playing/standing on parade
Psychology in Performance: using Feldenkrais to help overcome Stage Fright, and
Feldenkrais as Secret Ninja Practice: Using Feldenkrais to make everyday practise easier.
Bodywork for String Players: using Shoulders, arms and hands with less effort.
If you’re coming to a workshop, you will need to wear comfortable clothes you can move easily in, layers to keep warm, and bring a mat.